Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Oh what a night!

I was so tired last night, there was no way that I would be able to write this. So last night we went to Toneau Bistro and had a wonderful dinner. We have had dinner there a couple of times before, but our friends Aimee and Paul had never been. So, we get in and get our table. They bring us our appetizers. The usual appetizer is a piece of fried fish, a plum and a hot pickle, tempura veggies or the wonderful dish of squid that we had last night. Well when they brought the appetizers out they hand Paul, Denise, Brian and myself a small plate with the squid on it. We look at each other and wonder why they didn't bring another one for Aimee. Well...the server comes back with 5 trays. He hands one to each of the 3 boys, one to Mackenzie and one to Aimee..yep......They thought that Aimee was child! It was so funny!!

So, the meal continues...we enjoy our wonderful food and make fun of the drinks that they have given us, because the ice in the glasses are 2 huge balls. I wanted to see if I could fit one into my mouth. Anywho....the meal continued and all of a sudden the waiter comes out with 2 plates that had these cake like items on it. He said it was a present.... I have to say that I was thinking at first what the heck are they bringing us bread with chocolate syrup? But once you cut into it, that thing was so warm and so good.

I have to say that it is always so wonderful to go out to dinner and have a great time with such great company.

No comments: