Tuesday, June 2, 2009

10 days to go!! and Buttons

I think that today is the day that it all starts! We had our government furniture pick up on this morning and that was an adventure in itself. The movers arrived around 9:30 and they buzzed up to our apartment. I didn't hear the bell until the last ring. I ran and tried to press the button to let them in. Well I pressed the wrong button, I pressed the alarm for an intruder. Yes....that button. So, the movers eventually make it up to the apartment. The guy is asking me questions and we converse and all of a sudden a woman appears and she ask me if I am ok. I tell her yes, she starts to talk to the guy in Japanese and they go back and forth it was kind of like she was yelling at him. I guess he told her that he was there to move stuff and that I accidentally pressed the help button. She ask one more time if I was ok. I let her know that I am fine and she goes on about her business.

The movers were in and out. They were out of here before 9:45. Even though we only had 2 chairs, a sofa and a dresser.

The ball is starting to really roll now, Thursday we have the movers coming to see how much stuff we have for them to move with out Household Goods.(HHG) On next Tuesday, we have our Express shipment pick up. Thursday is our HHG pick up and our first night over in the WestPac Inn. And I have to say that we lucked up with the lodging. Like I said before we are going to be in the WestPac Inn, since the WestPac Lodge is booked up until the 17th. So, instead of paying $110 a night for our room, we are getting to stay in the Inn for $30 a night. We should be out of there by the 13th and on our flight to Florida.

Yay!!! It's starting!!!

No comments: